Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More than a feeling...

So… While I should be writing my first essay of what is going to be an AWESOME (this is sarcasm) spring quarter at school. I would prefer to write in my blog. Some great pieces have been written in regards to the Mariners win and I think it’s important to address a few things.


FIRST OF ALL …

Geoff Baker from the seattle times wrote this piece on are the M’s legit?


you might wanna add in .. 2 legit 2 quit….hahahahahahahahaha .. okay … but seriously..

Good read with interesting points. However, I disagree about the Florida Marlins. Josh Johnson will be the NL Cy Young. In fact I’ll be increasingly SURPRISED if they don’t make the play offs this year. Maybe the only team that will have more fans cheering for the visitors than the home team in the playoffs this year. It would be funny to see old Joe Robbie stadium looking empty for a afternoon play-off extravaganza.

Just because they swept the nationals twice doesn’t mean they are somebody to be passed over. They also took the braves for a ride and out dueled Johan Santana . Yes they haven’t looked very good but despite all the crap I talked about the pirates in the pre-season. They are off to quiet a start them selves. THAT should have made my top 5 and I personally apologize for it! Just because of that I’ll do another one this weekend.

Back to my point. The Marlins have a solid pitching staff with good young hitters and some decent defense. I would hesitate before I called them out to say they are smoke and mirrors at this point.

SECOND OF ALL…

Jarrod Washburn, yes he has been badly bruised, kicked, spit on, and the effectual scape goat along with Kenji and Yuni for the past year and a half. I am incredible impressed with him so far. But like I said last night. I’m just waiting for him to leave a break ball over the heart of the plate to Carlos Pena. While yes he has gotten poor (and I say that knowing he lead the AL in the past 4 years with the lowest) run support. BUT! That doesn’t mean he’s turned a corner and rediscovered himself and turned into Brandon Webb. NOT AT ALL! He’s still a #3 starter. That’s pitching VERY well I might add, and even though Endy Chavez miss played that ball in the corner of the left field last night. He has gotten tremendous defensive support this year and it helps attribute to the 1.7 ERA he currently holds. Don’t forget that he is going to have a few games where he gets knocked around. The people that are calling for everyone to ‘stop the hate’ of Jarrod Washburn are the people that will be picking up the fruit and veggies and be the first to start throwing them as soon as he falters. There has to be an in between and even I have to admit he has made huge steps forward with the change-up giving him an out pitch. But, it doesn’t negate the fact he is a FLY BALL pitcher. This means he gives up more fly balls then ground balls. Which tends to lead to home runs in certain parks. But it’s also why we have Gutz, Endy and Ichiro. So they can track those balls down and keep runners from getting on base and getting more bases, which in turn of course prevents runs.

Dave Cameron wrote a great piece over at USSM




---------WEDNESDAY

So I said on the blog there was certain things I would like to do every week on certain days. This being Wednesday is the day I do Game time for our Church childrens ministry. Those kids are the funniest kids ever and in the past three weeks I have gotten AMAZING little quotes from them. Which each week I’ll start putting up here…There are a few that well… remember these are children saying them and they don’t know any better and imagine perhaps your own children doing these things. It helps you not get offended quiet so easily.


So without further ado, I leave you with this quote from young Ethan while we were playing dodge ball.

Me: Okay Ethan, all you have to do is pick up the ball, throw it at someone else and hit them and you win. Understand?

Ethan: Yes, I understand.

*Ethan looks at his hands*

Ethan: if you throw ball bad, I’m going to cut all your fingers off…..

(not even joking he totally said that)

No comments:

Post a Comment