Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My car vs. yours

I know no blog update again yesterday. Am I slipping or what?

Well here was the day all together. I took off from work, to much chagrin of the some of the girls on the softball field. I don’t like to work on away game days and I have 30+ payed days of absence otherwise called “LEAVE” and I like to use them in onesy and twoseys .. that’s just how I roll, also the fact that AJ had the day off too kind of made me want to take the day off just to get more time with her.

The last few days have been so much fun. The weekend plus this we’ve just been having a blast. I don’t know maybe we just hadn’t had a lot of time together and I’m realizing how much I’ve missed it but … no one could ask for a better best friend or wife!

We watched some Hannah Montana (LOL! Oh yes I did.. We got Netflix on the Xbox now and so we can watch streaming DVD’s and the first three seasons of Hannah Montana were available and AJ watched like 3 episodes while eating breakfast and doing some cleaning up) Played a bit of Rock Band (I don’t know why we don’t do this more often together, we both really enjoy it) and then just cleaned and prepped for this weekend, as we invited some friends over after church this Sunday evening.


Game time comes and we get there, made sure everyone was there and took off by 2:00( I drove the van..no it wasn’t a short bus) now as I was driving it was the hardest to drive vehicle EVER! Just extremely wabble and I kept thinking that something wasn’t right (evidently so was Bro. Steve our pastor and Head Coach) when someone passing us made a gesture … NO not that type of movement. That flat tire kind… we pulled over and yep it was dying and quick. (would explain the extremely scary flying into the other lane moments that I felt could happen at any moment) our goal was to get to NW of Birmingham by 3:30. Well.. with a flat tire this was going to be difficult. We found a local place to check it out and by the time we got rolling again it was nearing 4. We found on the way that we had to be off the field AT and NLT 5:30 … boy was this going to be a quicky…

Rolled up to the field about 5… the girls pilled out and got on the field and were ready to go.. they got warmed up and were ready to hit within 7-8 minutes. I was so proud!

Now offensively we had five strike outs… and two that were looking and one that was kind of embarrassing. But! And here is the huge gem. Our defense was fabulous and really fought hard to make good smart plays.


The game was called in the bottom of the 2nd inning. With us trailing 1-0. Which first of all wasn’t fair. They called one of runners (who scored from second on a base hit) out for interference, in which they neither touched the ball nor the fielder…that I don’t understand. But, you have to respect the decision and change the way you approach the game. The girls had great attitudes and for the first time I felt like I was dealing with girls that approached the game professionally.

I have a giant blog post/rant I need to make on this but for now .. this will do.

----------------------Mariners!

M’s improve to 6-2 … I didn’t get to watch the game since we got home late from Birmingham.. but it went 10 innings and was a marvelous finish…


----------------------Hayden Convo


We talked tonight ... about Rangers, Mariners, HoFers (hall of famers) and people with the number 42 retired...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Maddux (yet to be determined)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Clemente (92.7%)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Ryan (98.2%)



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_retired_numbers

oh and Tim wakefield no-no's anyone know how many times he's now flirted with a no hitter it's gotta be more than one..

...

No comments:

Post a Comment