Monday, April 20, 2009

THE NUMBER ONE THING I'VE AVOIDED FOR THE LAST DECADE!!!!!!!

Golfing … I actually have been resisting this urge for awhile. But I kind of wouldn’t mind getting into the sport.

The wheels in my head have been turning since a guy at church asked me to go golfing with him. I had to shoot him down because it’s what I’ve been doing for the last 10 years. Trying to avoid golf. I used to go as a teen up to the little hack it place called village greens. A place where there wasn’t much of a difference between the rough and the green. I went a couple times with my friend Todd, my sports mentor Frank and of course bry drug me out a few different places.

Since I’ve grown up I’ve gone a few times with my father-in-law. Really it hasn’t been too bad. I just think that it comes down to the fact that half way into it I just want to be done with it. I’m ready to go home and pack it up. I don’t mind playing 9 holes. That’s not too bad, but I am terrible at it.

It’s been gently calling my name since the last time I went home and I had a few good strokes out playing with my father in-law. Then a moved down here and my friend DJ is a big golfer, a couple guys at church want me to play with, and it’s getting harder to avoid “it”. I even …. *sigh* looked up golf clubs on amazon today… I’m ashamed. Just kidding, but seriously. It’s some thoughts that have been there lately.




I talked about my car last night on the way home from work with AJ. I’m focusing on my car right now .. and I want to put the money earned in the desert in a good CD that doesn’t have any penalties for removing cash early. I plan on making that money available for when I want to get my car.

I talked to our school’s principle. Who happens to be a big car buff himself and he pointed me in the direction of a junk yard here locally that specializes in specifically ford mustangs. called the mustang corall.. we stopped by and took a look at it and i will have to detour away from it for awhile because it excites me beyond everything to think that i'm starting to really work towards my dream car. I know i'm only 25 but i don't want to put my dreams and experiences on hold until after i'm done and retired. I'm living my life now! not 25 years from now. sure not all experiences can happen now and there are some that will have to be put on hold. BUT, i can pick and choose what i'm going to take care of now.

This leads toooooooo

---------------------TOP 5 ... 5 YEARS TO TAKE CARE OF 5 GOALS

5. See an MLB All-Star event (game, Home run durby, futures game, or whatever)

4. Go to Afgan and come back safely

3.Finish my degree

2. Buy and start restoring a '64 Ford Mustang

1. Take my wife on a honeymoon



peace out....

No comments:

Post a Comment